So the challenge this week in the 3D group over at Paper Craft Planet, was to create a Spring Wreath. I really wasn’t sure where to start, so I thought I’d try messing around with an Easter Egg idea. Last year, I used my Stampin’ Up! Spritzer (air brush pump & markers) to decorate real eggs & although they were quick to make I thought I’d try styrofoam eggs because they’re lighter & easter to make into a wreath IMO.
I started with Benjamin Moore Paint Nantucket Grey, left over from my main floor powder room, & paint some styrofoam eggs. I used a styrofoam package with pins to hold up the eggs so they would dry. That was the time consuming part, it took a couple of days … of waiting (to thick paint) … ugh. I’m not patient.
After they were dry, I spritzed them with Navy Marker & Chocolate Chip Marker. Then I impaled the eggs onto a wire. Well, two wires of semi circles & made a circle. The outer wreath, which is the sturdy part, was left over from a Cedar Christmas wreath. I wrapped in in “bailer twine”, the cheap twine we keep in the garage to tie up the plants. Then I used ribbons, to tie the egg wreath onto the bailer twine wreath.
That’s about it, except for waiting for paint to dry & wrapping the twine, this was pretty quick. ;)
Used: Old Christmas wreath shell, Bailer Twine, Styrofoam Eggs (dollar store), Benjamin Moore Paint Nantucket Grey, SU Spritzer, Not Quite Navy Marker, Chocolate Chip Marker, Kiwi Kiss Ribbon, Martha Stewart Putty Twill Tape, Patience.